Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 5, 2013

I have a new job!!!

I wanted to let you all know that I have accepted a new teaching position for next year!!! I am very excited about this new opportunity... It is something completely different then what I have been doing for the past three years! I am the new inclusion teacher for my campus! I am in charge of servicing 17 students across all 6 grade levels!! YIKES!!! It will be me and my one aid going in and out of all the different classrooms all day!!! It doesn't sound like that much work when your thinking only 17 students and they aren't even in your classroom all day... that's easy!! However when you think about it I have to do paperwork and run 17 ARD's!!!! Now that's something only a Special Ed teacher would shudder at!!! Trust me I am already working on my schedules... I am hoping to get in contact with my principal in the next week and set up when I can get into my students files and class schedules for next year so that I can start the crazy planning for my students... I am also a little nervous because I am not sure what my exact role is going to be... what I will be in charge of... what my principal is expecting out of me in means of plans?!?! So many question!!!! I am also going to 12 different trainings that I get to start going to on the 17th of July!!! Yes 12 trainings!!!

Oh well I am really excited about this new opportunity and just wanted to share!!!

I am also looking for any suggestions that you all might have for what you do if you are an inclusion/resource teacher!!!

Thanks!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Phew, that's a lot of ARDs! Congrats on your new position!

    -Gayla
    Teach On.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog. It's very cute!! I read your previous post about your former job. I am so glad you didn't let that bring you down. You must remember God has a reason for everything and there is a child in your new school who needs YOU!!! God bless and best of luck!!

    Wendy
    peaceloveandlittlepeople.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new position! Can you believe I just now saw your comment on my blog from last July! I was looking through the oldies and I saw that you said you worked for Comal! I can't believe I never saw that!!! I am following you now! Which school are you at now? I am at Garden Ridge this year. Take Care!!! Look forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That's ok!! I understand how crazy it can get during the year. I am working for Southwest I.S.D. and I am at Medio Creek Elementary. I was at Freiheit Elementary for two years then last year I was at Specht. It was a rough year. I am really excited about my new school and position! Looking forward to meeting you too! You have TONS of cute ideas!!!

      Delete