Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Units??

In talking with my 2nd grade team here in Texas (which we don't use Common Core) we were talking about next year already and wanting to do Units! Where we are concerned is how do they work? And will they work in 2nd grade? I know that Kinder and 1st use units and they work, we are frustrated with our scope and sequence because it is confusing and none of them correlate or are on the same weeks for that matter. As the person who plans Writing and Grammar for our team I feel like I plan the red-headed stepchild, because no one really ever gets to either subject because we don't "test" either subject. So I am hoping to get some thoughts from those that use units in their classrooms, do they work and how do you like them!

Thanks for your input!

No comments:

Post a Comment