Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 30, 2012

Setting up your room!

Tomorrow is the first day that I am going to be able to finally see my classroom!!! I am moving to a new school that is only 5 minutes from my house (super excited on saving gas in my truck) and I have several ideas about how I would like to set up my classroom but since I have never seen it and don't really know the layout I really have no clue what I am going to walk into tomorrow... I will take tons of pictures and post them so that I can see before and after. Do you need to see something from an objective point of view to see if you like it? I do... Any who, yesterday I met with my Mentor teacher (this will also be my first year teaching 2nd grade, I have done Special Ed for the past two years) and we were talking about all kinds of things that I had questions about, literally I had written and entire page on a legal pad of questions and I am still thinking of more to ask her... Well we got to talking about room set up and that I would have to have a teacher work station in a specific spot in the room because of where the hook-ups were for our Elmo and projector, (totally forgot to ask if we had smartboards, boo) any way she was talking about how she was going to set up her classroom and was thinking about not using a teacher desk and just having more storage behind our guided reading table, since this is where she is most of the time... So that got me thinking, if I don't use a teacher desk (since we aren't suppose to ever be sitting at our desks when we have students in our rooms) how I could use that space towards more student areas... So here is my question... Teacher Desk or No Teacher Desk and have more storage containers (that of course I will decorate)? What do you have in your room, have you done both? Which do you like more? There are just so many decisions that I have to make about how I set everything up, and I really don't have all that much time to get everything done before Meet the Teacher and Parent Orientation... Still have a week left of classes and then we start two weeks of workshops and inservice days with really only three days to work in our classroom!!! YIKES its getting so close!!!! I am getting really nervous and excited all at the same time!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I found you through the Newbie Blog Hop, I have nominated you for The Versatile Blogger award, stop by http://backinfourth.blogspot.com/ to check it out!
    Best,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete